Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What is Truth?

Too many people have forgotten what truth is today. They think its something that can be invented or determined by consensus. I don't think this works and leads to mob rule.

Truth is what is. Its something a lot more absolute that what most believe today. Its something God knows for sure and we need to find out. Its something we should all be looking for. Its not based on popularity or voting. Its something that sets us free (yes, I got that from some other place than my own head).

Truth is the same as true science. Its also the same as true religion. It is something we all need in our lives to help us be freed from misinformation and bias.

Of course I think I know some truth but I know enough of it to also know there is much more truth out there than what I know. I have to be open to getting the truth and acting on it. I have to be willing to realize that I have to change as I learn more truth in my life.

All truth comes from God. He owns and created the universe as well as us so this makes sense to me. I also think that truth is something that actually binds God. His willingness to know it all and act on it all makes him God and gives him his power. We need to be more like him and to know more truth.

Of course some day I may find I have some of this wrong and I will adjust but for now I will work with what truth I have and keep looking for more. Hopefully I will find more. I seem to be on the right track so far at least in some areas. At least it seems that way.

We all need to live our lives based on the truth we know and keep adapting and learning more truth and then we'll be given more to learn (by God of course, he is the source).

Let truth prevail and push out opionon, mob rule and made up truths. This will expand our freedom and prepare us for a greater day.

Its late, so I must go now. Until later....

No comments: